Successful people are successful negotiators. It's as simple as that.
Your agreements, understandings, and relationships make the difference between success and failure. Weak agreements break down; they're dissatisfying and aggravating for everyone, and don't get better over time. Strong agreements last because they don't just satisfy your objectives, they satisfy the objectives of all involved.
You need the right skills for the job, whether you are...
- determining the price and terms at which you buy or sell.
- closing with an important customer.
- persuading others to work with and not against you.
- setting or meeting budgets.
- finalizing and administrating simple or complex contracts.
- working on a problem with someone important to you.
- managing and supervising those responsible for completing the task.
- breaking or avoiding a serious impasse.
You need to fully understand your position, as well as the position and pressures of the other side. You need to be ready with an arsenal of tactics and strategies. You need to feel confident and prepared. That's where KARRASS comes in.
The seminar emphasizes how to create “Both-Win®” negotiating opportunities. You learn how to negotiate like an entrepreneur: identifying efficiencies, seizing key moments to build greater value for both parties, and paving the way for long-lasting relationships. Unlike the overly competitive approach many people take when negotiating, "Both-Win®" negotiating demonstrates there is always a better deal possible for both sides…if you know how and where to look for it.
The Effective Negotiating® Seminar is a dynamic classroom experience. You actively participate and learn through firsthand experience as you engage in negotiation dialogues, role-plays, and practice negotiating sessions. Sophisticated information is delivered in ordinary language, and humor and fun are integrated into the learning experience.
At the Effective Negotiating® seminar you will learn:
- HOW TO STICK TO YOUR OWN GAME PLAN.
- WHAT PEOPLE FORGET TO DO.
- HOW TO TAP INTO MORE POWER THAN YOU THINK YOU HAVE.
- HOW TO USE HIDDEN LEVERAGE.
- THE LIMITS OF A BUYER'S/SELLER'S POWER.
- LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIPS VERSUS ONE SHOT DEALS.
- HOW TO MAKE A CONCESSION.
- HOW TO SET AND ACHIEVE YOUR TARGETS.
- HOW EXPECTATIONS AFFECT OUTCOMES.
- WHAT MAKES A GOOD NEGOTIATOR.
- HOW TO AVOID TRAPS AND USE TACTICS.
- HOW TO DEAL WITH DEADLOCKS.
- HOW TO GUARD AGAINST TRICKS.
- HOW TO STOP A BUYER'S OR SELLER'S HIDDEN NIBBLING.
- PRESCRIPTIONS FOR CONTINUING SUCCESS.
This intensive learning is facilitated by a negotiations expert, and frequent opportunities are provided for peer-to-peer learning, networking, and discovery. You can immediately put skills and information to use, having practiced the skills and tactics at the seminar. And to reinforce lessons learned, participants take with them a course workbook, reference books, and the Negotiating Tips Card. You will feel confident and prepared.
The Effective Negotiating® Seminar provides a powerful understanding of the skills necessary to negotiate better agreements and relationships. You will learn how to recognize and respond to various negotiating tactics, how to develop a negotiating strategy, how to plan for negotiations, how to identify “Both-Win®” opportunities, and how to put these practical skills to work. You will leave this seminar armed with practical skills that provide you a better understanding and more control over all of your negotiations.
Attendees receive a comprehensive set of take home materials that cover topics not discussed in the two-day program, including the Effective Negotiating Workbook®, online access to over three hours of streaming audio designed to refresh your memory of the seminar, and two of Dr. Karrass's bestselling books: Give and Take: The Complete Guide to Negotiating Strategies and Tactics and In Business As In Life – You Don’t Get What You Deserve, You Get What You Negotiate.